Segway Ninebot Max G30 Review 2020
Check out the Segway Ninebot Max G30 for yourself!
Segway Ninebot Max G30 Review
Introducing our exciting new review of the Segway Ninebot Max G30 from Segway, which has taken the electric scooter world by storm. In this review article, we will cover a variety of features and functionalities offered by the Max G30. All electric scooters reviewed go through great deal of thought and consideration; therefore, we weigh up a number of pros, cons and other variables such as: price, performance, usability, etc. In this review, you will find a number of sections, from key features to battery life, waterproof rating to Black Friday sales and more. So without any further delay, let us begin our review of the Segway Ninebot Max G30 electric scooter.
Key Features of the Segway Ninebot Max G30
Offering a near unbeatable range in comparison to the majority of electric scooters on the market at a reasonable price of . Our key features section will help you discover why:
- Speedy – Top speed of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mp/h) – Up to 18 mp/h in Sports mode
- Goes the distance – Max. range of approx. 65 km (40.4 miles) – Offering some of the best range available.
- Smooth riding – 10 Inch Tubeless Pneumatic Tyres
- Versatile – 20% (15 degree) climbing angle
- Safe & Efficient – Double and regenerative brake system for added safety and stability
- Water Resistant – rating of IPX5 for the whole body (IPX7 water resistance to its core components)
- Stay Seen & Heard – Front/rear LED & brake lights. Twist bell & side reflectors help increase your road safety.
Segway Ninebot Max G30 Overview
Offering such remarkable range and riding comfort, this electric scooter looks like an ideal choice. With so many advanced features, we were expecting an advanced price tag to follow suit; however we were surprised to find the Max G30 for the modest price of $799.99. Whilst this price tag may still make some wince, this price is honestly fairly reasonable, all things considered. Starting off, the Max G30 offers one of the longest range coverage out there, made from prestige parts manufactured by Segway. Quality control for all Segway products are always extremely high, with the Segway Ninebot Max G30 being now different. Furthermore, the Max G30 still retains a strong yet lightweight, completely collapsible foldable frame, perfect for storage and transport.
Almost triple the mileage of the Kick Scooter ES2 and offering a similar speed, the G30 also supports a max. weight of 220 lbs (100 kg). However, should you set it to Sports mode, expect top speeds of up to 18 mp/h and even 16 mp/h up some hills. Further featuring a brilliantly effective braking system; front wheel mechanical drum brake coupled with a regenerative back wheel electric brake to help you halt in an instant. Also, energy produced by braking cycles back to the battery, helping power your journey for that little bit longer. This electric scooter most suits ages 14+ and does not offer adjustable height.
Speed, Power & Distance
The Segway Ninebot Max G30 offers a maximum top speed of 18 mp/h (29 km/h) when fully charged and in Sports mode. However, riders and commuters should expect an average top speed of around 15.5 mp/h (25 km/h). This is all thanks to the Max’s deceptively powerful engine; operating at a standard output of 350W with a maximum output of 800W. The lightweight Max G30 really makes for a great sleeper scooter for any drag racers out there. As mentioned previously, the real excitement surrounding the G30 stems from the incredible 65 km range offered.
We believe it’s safe to assume that this is partly in thanks to the 551 Wh (153000 mAh) Lithium-Ion battery working away inside this magnificent machine. As such, the major downside to this model comes in the form of charge time, taking a significant 8-9 hours of charge time. However, with such a huge range offered, it’s incredibly unlikely that you will need to charge more than once a day. In terms of power, Ninebot have spared no expense, offering speeds up to 16 mp/h on inclines of up to 15 degrees.
How fast does it go?
Standard top speed of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mp/h) & up to 18 mp/h in Sports mode. Similar speeds to the ES2, however the G30 offers a much greater range. 3 riding styles to choose from: Eco, Drive & Sport. Please note: max. speeds will vary due to a number of variables, including: rider weight, terrain, incline, etc.
What age/weight is it suitable for?
Best suited to ages 14+ due to nonadjustable frame. Further supports weights of up to 220 lbs (100 kg), although riders should expect a decrease in performance.
What is the range/distance?
Offering an incredible range of 65 km (40.4 miles) really sets this scooter apart from the rest. One of the longest distance electric scooters available on the market.
Battery Life & Charging
As we’ve already covered, the G30 Max offers a battery life extending up to 65 km. With such amazing performance on the table, you may think if the G30 Max does anything wrong. We believe to have found it under the form of charge time. Such a huge range requires quite a hungry battery with a large stomach; due to this, riders should expect a charge time of around 6 hours to fully charge (we’ve also had reports of 8-9 hours). However, we’re not sure how much of a negative this actually is.
Due to offering such an insane range, how often would you actually charge it? We’ve found that after a weeks use, the average commuter only ever had to charge 2.5 times a week, often leaving it on as they slept. All in all, we think that such a long charge time is balanced out by the incredible range and performance offered by this electric scooter.
How long does it take to charge?
6 hours (with reports of 8-9).
Battery protection & safety
Whilst unable to locate anything regarding battery protection or safety certifications, we feel fairly confident that Segway will meet and exceed these entry certifications. Such certifications would include UL2272 fire and electrical safety security. With Segway being one of, if not the first hoverboards to enter the market, we think its safe to assume they meet these certifications, however we won’t promise anything Segway have taken a look at this model and really improved the structure of it.
The Max G30 boasts IPX5 water resistance rating for the whole body, alongside IPX7 water resistance for interior components. This means that the G30 will resist strong water jets on the exterior, with the capacity to resist submerging of up to 1 metre on the interior. However, we would never recommend submerging your awesome new ride! Learn more about IP ratings here.
How long will the battery last for?
Approx. 2.5-3 hours
At a maximum speed of 16 mp/h for 40.4 miles, riders should expect a battery life of around 2.5 hours. Bear in mind, this result consists of non-stop max. speed on default mode. Battery life should alternate between riding modes, with ECO as most effective. Depends on rider weight, terrain and driving style.
Design and Ergonomics
Segway have really upgraded their design for this model, incorporating a number of fun and functional features. Whilst still unable to adjust the height, riders over 5″ should have no trouble at all taking this sensational scooter for a spin. Furthermore, riders have the ability to choose from 3 riding options, including ECO and Sport. Also featuring a strong, yet lightweight aluminium alloy frame that completely folds, making storage and transport a breeze. All of the components used in the manufacturing of this scooter are of clearly high quality.
Responsive brakes result in riders stopping at will in even dangerous situations, with the regenerative rear brake feeding energy back into the battery. The G30 also features a portable charger to power the beefy yet silent 700W brushless motor anywhere you go. Further featuring a handy LED display to help monitor speed, distance, set cruise control, riding modes and more. Riders can even connect to the Segway mobile app and lock their scooter with a 5 digit pin. If you’re looking for a remarkable upgrade from the ES2, or any other electric scooter, you’ve found it. Honestly offering some of the best performance on the market for an electric scooter at an extremely reasonable price.
Seeking Segway Max G30 spares & accessories?
Lastly, Segway also offer a variety of spare parts and replacements for all manner of models. These spare Segway parts are a great way to repair or enhance your model; browse Segway Ninebot Max G30 electric brakes, rear wheels, handlebar grips and many other spare parts.. Discover a whole range of Segway Max G30 spare parts here. Alongside these spares, Segway also offer a variety of accessories for the Max G30; including chargers, phone holders, bags, external batteries, helmets, locks and more. Take a look at some of the Segway Ninebot Max G30 accessories on offer here.
What material is it made from?
Lightweight aluminium alloy frame (weighing just 42.1 lbs/19.1 kg). Pneumatic rubber tyres. LED rear/headlights.
Can it be used as a regular scooter?
If unlocked, the G30 will still function as a regular push scooter.
Does it connect to your smartphone via app or Bluetooth?
Yes, the Segway mobile app offers users a huge number of additional features. Check out your previous journeys, lock up your scooter with a 5 digit pin, get updates on vehicle condition, control lighting, take tutorials and so much more. The Segway mobile app is available on both Android and iOS
Build quality and ease of use
As with all Segway products, a high standard of build quality is ensured. This is reached throughout the various stages of rigorous testing during production. As one of the first pioneers of hoverboard technology, Segway were on the scene from the start. As such, you should expect a top quality product with an extremely high specification standard. For ease of use, mastering the Segway Ninebot Max G30 actually comes fairly naturally; it’s the same shape and layout as mainstream scooters, the handlebars are comfortable and the foot room is ample. Furthermore, the LED display makes additional tweaks easy and more than possible when on the move.
Safety and usability on the road
Built-in front/rear LED lights. Brake light, side reflectors and twist bell all included in the design, helping you stay heard, seen and safe during day and night. 3 speed settings (including ECO), tutorials available via the mobile app. Extremely responsive brakes with rear break charging battery via braking energy. We were unable to locate any major security issues with this scooter and have confidence in its performance and design. Those seeking additional extras such as a phone holder for maps; check out the Segway Ninebot Max G30 accessories on offer here.
Is the Segway Ninebot Max G30 waterproof?
Yes – IPX5 Exterior Rating / IPX7 Interior rating. This means that the body of the G30 offers fairly decent water resistance against strong water jets. Alongside this, the interior of the Max G30 features the capacity to resist submerging of up to 1 metre (IPX7), however we don’t recommend this at all… Learn more about IP ratings here.
Restrictions and availability
From what we’ve found, we believe that Segway Ninebot Max G30 is available worldwide, with licensed distributors on every continent.
Segway Ninebot Max G30 Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020
Cost-effective commuters are always hunting for the next deal and the electric scooter industry is no different. We believed the likelihood of some Max G30 deals to be fairly high this Black Friday/Cyber Monday… and we were right! Segway offered discounts on a huge amount of products in 2019, including up to $150 off this very model. However, as with all deals, the time to snap up these bargains have come and gone With such consistently exceptional build quality from these products and such discounts, you will do well to snap up the stock next Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2020.
Lastly, we recommend keeping a constant eye on these products for any flash sales or Prime Day deals. We will consistently update this page to cover Black Friday/Cyber Monday as the years go on. Keep checking for the latest updates, or discover our list of possible Black Friday electric scooter deals this 2020!
Segway Ninebot Max G30 coupons, deals & discounts.
In this section, we cover a host of deals, discounts and coupons offered by Segway for the Max G30. This list contains a variety of active deals and promo codes, alongside some expired promos in our hall of fame. See the promo codes below and enjoy some of the hottest Segway deals and discounts for the Segway Ninebot Max G30 this 2020. If you think we’ve missed something, please contact us.
Segway Ninebot MAX Folding Electric Kick Scooter, Dark Grey
- Revolutionary Upgrade of Electric Scooters: With powerful 350W motor, Segway Ninebot MAX can reach to 18. 6 mph, travel up to 40. 4 miles and max load of 220 lbs. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life.
- Portable Folding Design: One-step folding system for easy portability. Segway Ninebot MAX electric scooter can be folded with ease in mere 3 seconds. Carry it on public transportation, store it in your car and any destination you desire effortlessly.
- Dimensions Unfold: 45.9" L x 18.6" W x 47.4" H | Dimensions Fold: 45.9" L x 18.6" W x 21.0" H | Net Weight: Approx. 41.2 lbs
- Rider: Weight Capacity: 66.1-220.5 lbs | Recommended Age: 14+ years | Required Height: 3'11"-6'6"
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: the mechanical and electrical Anti-Lock braking system ensure braking safety. Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with self-healing 10-inch pneumatic tires provide max comfort, even on rough surfaces or speed bumps.
Segway Ninebot ES4 Folding Electric Kick Scooter with Second Battery, Dark Grey (2019 Version)
- Dual Batteries: With an extra Lithium Ion battery and upgraded motor, ES4 boasts up to 800W of power, with a top-speed of 19 mph, travel up to 28 miles and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs. The ES4 can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
- Portable Folding Design: Ninebot Kickscooter by Segway ES4 is sleek, lightweight and features a one-step folding system. Now our riders can carry the ES4 scooter on public transportation, store it in your car and take it to any destination you desire.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with the large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort even when traveling at high speeds. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensure braking safety.
- Technology Superior: With a LED display, bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, customizable ambient light colors, and mobile app connectivity for additional security and firmware updates, Segway ES4 electric scooter combines performance with luxury.
- Quality Assurance: The ES4 is designed to bridge the gaps along your journey, whether it’s the store two blocks away or the bus stop down the street. Please refer to warranty information in product details below.
Segway Ninebot ES2 Folding Electric Kick Scooter, Dark Grey
- Ride Faster & Further: With a powerful motor of 300W, the Segway ES2 KickScooter can reach to 15 mph, travel up to 15 miles and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life.
- Lightweight & Foldable: With a total weight of 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg) and the one-click folding system, the Segway ES2 KickScooter can be carried with one hand. Easy to fold and store in a car or on public transport, making it a perfect travel companion.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensures an efficient, responsive braking distance of just 13.1ft.
- Superior Technology: Segway Ninebot ES2 electric KickScooter features an LED display, bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, customizable ambient light colors, mobile APP connectivity for additional security, firmware updates and more.
- Warranty: Customer satisfaction is always a number one priority for us. One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts. please refer to warranty information in product details below and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems.